Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Girls can do things too!

 Just an update to let you know how the new shop is coming along. Might I just say...I is really beginning to look like a home. I am so excited that I get up everyday looking forward to what I can do today! I have to say that I think I might suffer from some form of Adult A.D.D.. It seems that my mind works at warp speed most of the time. One project barely gets done that I start thinking of what I can do next. Now my wonderful husband tolerates my crazy ideas and is always willing to do whatever I ask him to do. I know that he would be willing to do all of these projects for me if I asked him to, but that just isn't in my DNA. I am not one to sit back and watch someone work without lending a helping hand. So instead of doing all of these things for me, he teaches me. Together we have built this whole building (except pouring the concrete floor, we left that to the pros), from the top to the bottom. I learned to cut tin and use a table saw as well as he does. Most days I would have the walls done by the time he came home from work, waiting to see what my next move should be.  Now trim and fancy angles, well, Mr. B. is in charge of those. It has been so much fun to learn all of these new skills. Since the shop is almost finished I have been thinking of what else I can do with my new found skill. Searching the primitive sites on the internet I stumbled across a picture of an old antique rope bed. Oh, did that get my creative juices flowing! So first thing this morning we headed for the shop and by the end of the hour I was up to my elbows in sawdust! My first time using a table router and this is what I did. You are looking at the very first leg for my rope bed, complete with mortise and tendon joints. Whoo Hoo! What can I say....GIRLS RULE! Can't wait to show you my completed project. Be sure and check back later in the week! See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment